Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sending Merry (and Warm!) Wishes!

Hello!!
Samantha here, and today I have a fun twist on a Christmas card! :) 







Well, this card came about, because I live in South Carolina...and you may have heard me rant complain obsess wail fuss talk about how warm it always is here! Don't get me wrong, we have some cool, and even cold days. They are just VERY rare! Lol! So I thought it would be sweet to send some tropical and warm wishes to my friends in colder climates this christmas! 



First, I used the Tumbled Glass distress stain and the incredible Swirly Stencil to create my wavy, beachy, tropical-ly background! :) Then a strip of gold glitter tape made the sand! I stamped the trees from Comfy and the Snowman from Cool Buddies, then colored them in with copics! I created the sentiment by combining phrases from Cool Buddies and Smiling Snowflakes onto colored vellum, punched circles! :)


When I color vellum, I typically use a blending tool and some Distress Inks! It gives a very soft and unstreaky effect. I also usually color the vellum on the back side of the piece...otherwise inky fingerprints magically appear on my project...face...desk. Ha!

 


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: