Sunday, September 27, 2015

Cut That Background Stamp Apart!

Ok... Kidding! I didn't actually cut the background stamp apart ;) Hope I didn't scare you. But read on and see what I did :) I hope it will inspire you to look at your background stamps and find more ways to use it. I was inspired by my teammate, Anja Curvers's card here


You know how I like to "stretch" my stamps right? I decided to find a different way to use the Letters background stamp.

So firstly, I stamped the entire background using Memento Tuxedo Black ink (because I will be using Copic Markers) on just some left over white pieces of paper I have. 


Next, I coloured all the non-solid envelopes using my copic markers. I wasn't being too careful to blend or have a gradient of dark to light colour because it's such a small area.  After I'm done colouring, I did it crazy (but worth it) thing! Hehe. I cut all the envelopes out so that I could stick them one my card. 

Before I stick the envelopes, I did stamp 1/3 of the stamp on the bottom part of my card base. I did this so that I could have a starting point of where I will stick the cut out envelopes. Some are flat and some are on dimensional adhesive.


I had to use this adorable bear from the Poppin' Over set and it looks like it's coming out of the pile of envelopes :) Added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and that's it!




Create A Smile Stamps - Letters 
Create A Smile Stamps - Poppin' Over
Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins
Copic Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink


I don't know about you but I love to keep gold embellishments in hand like sequins, stickles, embossing powders, stickers, etc. I find that they go well with any colour and they are amazing at brightening up your card :) 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


4 comments:

  1. Aww lots of tiny cutting here ! The results is so adorable n cute card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation So glad I dropped in while blog hopping
    Would love to have you drop in for a visit
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete