Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Foxy Love and Hugs

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here and I'm going to be sharing a quick and simple card with you today. It took me less than 20 minutes to get it together. I don't know about you but that's pretty fast for me!


This past weekend I was blessed enough to be able to go to CHA. I spent loads of time hanging out with my girlfriends and meeting online friends for the first time. All that friendship put me in a really loving mood :) I pulled out the new Color Your Heart out set and went from there. 

I stamped the grid heart on some white cardstock and then used my MISTI to stamp the cute fox right behind it. I colored both with just a few Copics each. Once the Copic Coloring was complete I stamped the scripty love over top along with two smaller hearts. They looked a little plain as outline hearts so I colored those in too. 


To give the images a bit more depth I added a slight shadow to them, including the "Love." I also added a bit of white gel pen to the areas of the love that laid on top of the heart to break it up. For the second part of the sentiment I heat embossed on black with a light pink embossing powder. I popped it up on foam tape then added a few sequins to finish it off. 

I love how coloring each box in the grid heart gives a pixelated look. If it's not for you just color the heart as you would any other object and ignore the grid lines.  I used some bright pink card stock on the left hand side of my card to balance out all the images I had on the right. Card design should lead the eye from item to item. :) 

Thanks so much for dropping over! 

Color Your Heart Out 

Poppin Over

This Must Be Love 




7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! The heart reminds me of a disco ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...just love your adorable little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and I love how you achieved the look of layers all on one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KELLY!
    Love this oh-so-sweet card and whatta treat to meet up with you♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors! This is a really nice card.

    ReplyDelete