Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Ocean is Calling

Hello, it's Keeway here and I'm sharing a colorful, underwater card today with some of the new July products. Don't you just love all the new products in the release? So many ideas to share!






Stencil patterns make great backgrounds and add wonderful textures when building scenes.





1. Lay down the stencil on your card base and blend ink in. Be sure to secure your stencil either with removable tape, such as washi tape, or use an repositional adhesive spray.
2. With a lighter hand, blend the same or lighter ink colors onto the same area to mute the sharpness of our stenciled images and to add color to the rest of the background. The pattern will soften, but still retain its interesting pattern.
3. Stamp and color in the jellyfish images. I used copic sketch markers. When blending 2 different colors, make sure to leave a little room for overlap so that your transitions are more gradual.
4. Lastly, I fussy cut out the jellyfish. Since the tentacles are pretty thin to cut, they actually started curling as I cut them. I thought this was a fun accidental effect!
5. I stamped the sentiment directly to my background in black ink.
6. I die cut my background piece with some wonky stitches for a subtle interest and then adhered my jellyfish with foam tape.




      

The Challenge of the Month is still going on!  Link up your projects here and one lucky winner will receive a 15€ gift card.

Also, our Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group is the perfect place for inspiration, ideas and also more challenges (with prizes). Come join us!

1 comment: