Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beach Penguin

Hello crafters! 

It's Kelly here and I'm sneaking in to give you a preview of our next freebie! Once we hit 300 followers on Facebook you can play with this adorable little guy too so if you haven't liked us yet make sure you do :) 


Isn't he the cutest?! I cut some yellow paper into rays and added some dimension with mustard seed distress ink. I seriously can't lay off the distress inks, or the stickles, because I dotted them all over the sunshine rays. For the water I used an old EK Success punch on a bright blue. I also used distress ink to darken the background waves. See I told you, I have a problem. I wanted the waves to be more interesting so I created some "white caps" with my gel pen. 

The penguin surfer was colored with copics and then slid in between the two sets of waves. I covered the entire surf board in glossy accents so it would be super shiny :) 

Would you like to use this stamp? If so be sure to head over and like us on Facebook! Don't forget to invite your friends :)

Also, we have our first guest designer call going on right now and there is still a few days to enter! We love to see what you make!!

XoXo
Kelly  

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly, this card is super cute! I love the waves, what a great idea to set some highlights with the gel pen. And the beady eyes - aaaww!
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh how adorable and how clever to use that white pen for the waves. I love that penquin it's a pity that I am already a follower maybe I can become a follower with another profile, hi,hi......just to hit the 300.

    ReplyDelete