Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What a Lovely Snow Couple

Hello Crafters!

How are you guys? I hope your Monday was lovely :) 

We are still working the amazing WOW embossing powders this month. 

I can't get enough of these cute little Cool Buddies lately. However, I suspected this one snowman was looking for more than a buddy. I thought he needed a lady friend. I knew the mirror technique was the best way to get this guy a girlfriend. 

If you're not familiar the mirror technique it is where you stamp your image on a clear non-porous surface, like acetate, and then flip it over and use the acetate image to stamp instead of the actual stamp. This gives you a reverse image. It looks like this. 


When you stamp the image will be less clear but that's okay. Nothing a pen won't fix :) 

The top right is the original image. The top left is the acetate stamping. Bottom left is the reverse image stamped, see how it's a faint? Bottom right is the reverse image outlined with a Sakura gel pen in black. Since I use Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp when I'm coloring with copics I usually outline my original image too. This just makes the blacks match. I'm particular like that ha!

Here's how I applied the technique to my card


I used copics to add some shading to my snow couple. If you're going to use copics make sure you use a copic safe pen for your outlining. 

I used a copic multiliner to draw a little necklace onto my lady. Both the necklace and buttons were colored red to match. After all a well groomed lady's necklace must match her buttons. Or I've heard that. Don't ask me. My clearance Target purse from 2000 is falling apart but matches my flip flops or tennis shoes just the same ;) 
My dapper gentleman got a top hat from the same Cool Buddies set. I think it's such a cute accessory. 

Once I was done coloring I used the little circle from the same set and stamped in Versamark ink to create some snow. I also used my Versamark pen to add some embossing powder to my shadow. I heat embossed in Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter from WOW. It creates the most subtle snow, I love it! I did add just a bit of shading to the circles with my lightest BG copic to help them stand out more. 
After embossing I added some glossy accents to their buttons and enamel accents to their eyes. 

I think they look adorable together. What about you? I used the warm fuzzies sentiment because I'm going to use it to write my husband a little note this winter but I think it would be super cute as an anniversary or congratulations card for a couple that chose to get married in the winter! 

Thanks for visiting us!

XoXo
Kelly 

Cool Buddies 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly, this is so awesome! I tried mirror stamping a few times, but it never looked as good as your snowman. This is just great!
    But I'm glad the little snowman got a lady friend now - so cute!
    - Jessa

    ReplyDelete