Friday, February 6, 2015

I'm Here for You!

Hello!
Samantha here, and today I have a cute, cheer up card! I used a stencil and some copics to create this bright and happy card!



I have a good friend who has been going through some tough times lately, so I wanted to make her a bright and happy card to help cheer her up! And since I'm currently in LOVE with all things rainbow, I decided to make the colors of the card, an abstract rainbow!
From top to bottom, I colored the images in a R-O-Y-G-B-I-V scheme! :)

Would this cheer you up?


First I cut a piece of white cardstock for my card front. Then I used a stencil and some modelling paste to create the starry background! :)
Next, I stamped the images in a copic safe ink (I used Momento Tuxedo Blank ink). Then, I added color by shading with copics!



The images were all fussy cut out, and i popped up the umbrella and trash can for a little dimension.
As usual, I added a strip of (happy, pretty RAINBOW) washi down one side of my card, and popped up the card front on top!
Lastly, I added some black drops for a little contrast! :)


I used the Bad Day stamp set for the little umbrella and monster in the trash (so sad, but SO cute!). I used Monster Party for the little green friend (dropping in with some cheer like Mary Poppins! ha!), and the speech bubble is from Perfect Tune! :D
I also used the amazing star stencil called Waves of Stars!


You don't have to color with copics, or add so much dimension!
This card would be FABULOUS as a one layer, and watercolored too!! oooo, I can just imagine that now! :)


There's a guest designer search for March going on now! 


What are some of your favorite ways to make encouragement cards? Do you have any ideas you would like to see me try out for next week's post? Let me know! :D
Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy!





4 comments: