Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Little Monster!


Hello! Samantha here, and today I am sharing a fun little birthday card using a couple of awesome Create a Smile stamp sets!




I am just in LOVE with the new monster stamp set! And I couldn't wait to create a birthday card for a little munchkin in my life, with it!
I have also been experimenting with acrylic paints, and I had an idea that I could create some 'slime' with my paint, and this monster was just the PERFECT test subject! Ha!


This card was fun and messy to make, my favorite!!


- on a piece of white cardstock, stamp out all of the numbers from the 29 Again stamp set in a repetitious pattern until the numbers cover the entire panel
- using a coordinating distress ink, add some blending to the edges
- flick some water and pat dry with a paper towel
- use your acrylic paint and lightly add add some horizontal lines
(the acrylic paint dries so lovely and smooth, and I LOVE the texture!)
- set aside to dry
- stamp and color the monster and bow tie with copcis and fussy cut out.
- stamp the banner and mask the sentiments to create a custom, fitting phrase for the card.
- attach the monster and banner with foam tape for dimension!


I used the Big Time stamp set for the monster and his snazzy bow tie! And 29 Again for the background! Oh, and I used that 'happy' word from Smiling Snowflakes!


I really wanted the monster and the sentiment to POP, so I used colors that are almost opposite of each other on the color wheel! If you wanted a more subtle look, you can choose colors that are closer together, like greens and blues, or oranges and yellows! 
The card would still be so FUN and happy, but it would have a totally different look!

Oh, and don't have any acrylic paint? That's OK! You can uses any kind of maker or ink smudge and cover it with glossy accents to create a whole new 'slimy' look! :D


Did you know that Create a Smile stamps has incredibly affordable shipping? I'm looking at you: fellow crafters in the US! Has the thought of international shipping scared you from ordering? Never fear!!! The shipping is comprable to other major stamp companies! So COOL!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!


 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and unique card! I absolutely love the "slim," such a fun touch! The entire card is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute... need to pull our my acrylic paints that I have been hoarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your monster card and the background is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Love the colors and whole design. :-D

    ReplyDelete