Saturday, May 30, 2015

Christmas in May

Hello, Anni here!
I konw everyone is waiting for the summer to come but today I have a christmas card for you.







I challenge myself to make two christmas cards per month. I hate it to get in stress when december arrives and I LOVE to make christmas cards. Again I was inspired by the colors of the kit - can't get away from it.





To create the background I drew some diagonal lines with a pencil on my paper because I wanted a more graphic pattern. I know I wanted to add some watercolor so I didn't want the background to get too busy.
Then I stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes from the Set Smiling Snowflakes. After that the fun part: Adding the water color! I love it!






Maybe you can see that I am always trying to repeat colors on my card: You can find the coral color in the scarfs and noses of the snowmen, in the enamel shapes near the sentiment and I used a coral cardbase. The silver embossing of the sentiment is repeated in the sequins. In my opinion this ties the card together. Just the soft blues and aquas of the background are just in one spot. For the background it is ok, I think.




We are having a guest designer call! Play along!




      

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! Love that it is a Christmas card! Pretty colors! Awesome idea to star on your Christmas cards.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the marshmallow head snowman. He's just too cute. Great way to keep on top of your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete