Friday, March 25, 2016

Ahoy, Little One Card!

Hello and happy Friday! 
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a sweet little baby card! :)


When I sat down to create this card, all I knew was that I wanted to make it pretty, and with lots of pretty colors! And the boat image is just so awesome, I  knew I wanted to color it up! 


There are no real, 'rocket science' type of techniques in this card, I didn't reinvent the wheel! I just wanted to play with colors I love, and techniques I love! 

- on a piece of cardstock, use a stencil and blend Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress ink
- once finished, add a few water drops to the stencil area


- stamp and color the image with your favorite coloring medium. For this card, I used copics!
- fussy cut out the image and pop up with foam tape on the background
- partially mask the sentiment and stamp in brown ink



I used the super sweet Underwater Love stamp set and the awesome Waves Stencil


Obvisouly, for a card like this, color is key! I used pinks and yellows, not because I know of a baby girl on the way, but because those are the colors I felt like using! By simply using greens, blues or grays, this could easy be a baby boy card! 

Did you know that there is a whole slew of products on the Create a Smile Stamps website that are on sale? Oh yeah!! Check them all out here, and shop with no guilt!! 

Thanks again for spending part of your Friday with me! I hope this enjoyed what you saw!

  

1 comment: