Friday, July 1, 2016

But First, Coffee!

Hello again!
Samantha here with you today, and boy, do I have a card for you!


     

Are you in love?! I know I am!! I mean, a coffee addicted, eight armed, rainbow wielding octopus is the best idea ever, I think! Ha!


Shall we get into the making of this beauty? Let's do it!

- to start, I stamped and watercoloed the images with Distress Markers
- once everything was dry, I splattered a smidge of white acrylic paint over all the images
- then I fussy cut all of those little rainbow cups and arms (8 of each!! lol!)


- I even popped up that fun image! (hint: that's a lot of tiny pieces of foam tape!! Ha!)
- on the card front, I used the Waves stencil and some embossing paste, and set it aside to dry
- once it was dry, I used Peacock Feathers and Tumbled glass to add some 'water' look with the packaging technique!
- lastly, I heat embossed the sentiment and then added a few of the AMAZING clear dots from the Beach Party Kit to create the 'bubbles!'


Do you like one layer cards? Do you prefer one layer cards to all of that fussy cutting?! Ha! This card could easily be recreated as a one layer: you just need a little masking! First, stamp the octopus, and mask him off. Then stamp the coffee cups! Then add the watecolor look around the images! So cute!


I used a bunch of sets for this card! Of course, I used Underwater Love for the octopus image! LOVE him! Then I used the Coffee First and Big Time Stamp sets! The waves were created with the Waves stencil! :)

    

Have you joined the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group yet? It's the perfect place for inspiration, ideas and there's also a challenge there! Be sure to check it out! 
Thanks again for hanging out with me today!
         

5 comments:

  1. OOhh my goodness, your card made me laugh out loud when I saw it first in my mailbox.
    What an awesome card you made Samantha and very inventive tooo, to add the cups on his arms/tentacles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I'm featuring this over on the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love the various techniques you used to achieve your most adorable coffee-loving creature card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute! I am curious about the packaging technique you mentioned to get the watery background. I've never heard of that before and can't find it mentioned anywhere. Can you share the technique you used? I'm always interested in new ideas in card making!

    ReplyDelete